The holidays are upon us, and we’re abuzz with festive cheer! Tis the season for preparing your home for guests, and we’ve put together some bedroom DIY ideas to inspire you. Not only are these easy to do, but they also add warmth and fun to your room.
There are a myriad of things you can do to prep your bedroom for the holidays. From updating your bedding to interesting headboards and lamp shades, to wall hangings and bookshelves, the opportunities for a bedroom facelift are a plenty. However, if you fancy yourself a DIY fundi, here are a few ideas you can use to add some festive cheer to your bedroom:
- Lighting – Draping strings of fairy lights above your bed adds a whimsical feel to your bedroom. You can utilise them in different spaces too. If you have a four poster bed, hang the lights around each of the columns and top beam to accentuate the frame.
- Pine Cones – If these trees are indigenous to the area you live in, collect the cones and spray paint them gold and silver. They can be used to decorate shelves, bedrooms, side tables and dining rooms. You can even dust them in glitter for additional shine.
- Signage – Making festive signs to hang around the bedroom is a fun and easy for the whole family. All you need is wood, paints in festive colours, twine for hanging, and some phrases to paint onto the signs. You can tailor the look and feel of your signs according to the style of your home.
- Snow Globes – Using glass jars, water and glitter, you can create sweet little fest scenes with small figurines. An ideal activity for the whole family.
- Glamour Galore – Purchase wooden candlesticks and glue holiday-coloured glitter to them to brighten up These decorations can be used all around the house to add ambience to your spaces.
However, don’t let us stunt your creativity with the ideas we’ve provided, let rip this holiday season and get those DIY juices flowing.
The holidays are meant to be a time that is spent with family, friends and loved ones. And, what better way to do this than to bond over DIY and crafty tasks that everyone can get involved in. It’s not about the result, but rather the time spent together, making memories.
Let Volpes help add festive cheer to your family quality time, by utilising our DIY bedroom decorations tips and tricks. Or visit your nearest store to view our other products on show.